Thursday, November 12, 2009

What's goin' on?

You wanna know?!

It's been a crazy, fun couple of weeks. I have been to Japan and back, and now I'm writing a feature article for the Astros Magazine :)

Japan? Yes, Japan.

I had the AWESOME opportunity to make my first international trip, and I loved every minute of it. It's a big world out there, and I've caught the bug to explore more.

I experienced a castle, shrine, brewery, aquarium, sushi, grocery store, other countries (Little World--kind of like Epcot), more sushi, different forms of traveling, looooong plane rides (18 hours one way), international shopping, Yen, bike riding on the wrong side of the street, riding a luggage rack and soooo much more.
It was the experience of a lifetime, and I have too many stories to write about. I'm thankful to have a family that supported me and a friend that gave me the opportunity to visit.
Thank you.
As for the feature, I'm pumped. It's leaving me a lot less time to blog, or really do much else work, but it's what I have been waiting to do.
Writing is a part of me I can't let die. Whether it is blogging for myself, a pro sport, or writing a book, I feel like it's where I want to be.
I thought about posting a preview of my story on here, but I might just keep that a secret, and hope that you purchase the magazine. I won't get any monetary credit for it, but I can promise the hard copy will be more enthralling than something I post here.
I'm going to try and get back into the swing of blogging, I know I've been slack about it. Sorry :/

No comments: