Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Second annual 21st birthday!!

It was my birthday yesterday! Wanna know what I did? Ok, sweet!

The greatest part was I had people to be around! The wonderful Chad Hughes came to visit! I'm sure you remember him from the Force blog, he was in the pizza costume in my "intern-ally crazy" post. He is with his best friend, Corey, who also hung out a lot with the Force. They are staying with Corey's Nanny who lives in Houston. Hey, I have a Nanny too!

Saturday- I met them when they first got into town at dinner with Nanny and her boyfriend, then to Howl at the Moon. Awesome dueling pianos. Thanks to Greg, the boyfriend, I got pulled onto stage to do a skit because it was my birthday. Fun stuff!
Sunday- Cookout at Nanny's

A shot from the back while I was on stage. That's me all the way to the right on the stage, or at least the side of my head. You probably can't see it, but 'ol chick and I are laughing together. Bonding.
Then it was really my birthday! Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes. My phone was going off NON-stop alllll day. It was great :)

Work was work, but MJ did treat me to lunch which was great :)

After work, it was time to celebrate! Thanks to the Lobpries sister's I had a great birthday. We (Chad, Corey and I (cccccccc)) met at Kristi's apartment, Jami's sister, and their friend Ross was there too. They made dinner reservations at this AWESOME sushi restaurant called RA out by Rice University. After dinner we went out in the Rice Village.

It was a great night, it really was. I haven't known these people this long, especially Ross who I just met before heading to dinner. It was nice to be around people, period, but these are especially great people. Jami told me when we first met she would take me out for my birthday, and almost three months later she came through. I'm truly grateful for that.

I'm truly blessed to have met a lot of people that I enjoy calling friends.

No comments: